The Homebrew Launcher is a homebrew application that lists and allows the launching of other homebrew applications from the SD card.
We launch this using the Wii U’s built in browser, so your Wii U will need to be able to access the internet.
- Launch the browser on your device
- Go to the browser settings and select “Reset Save Data”
- This will prevent issues with the browser exploit
- This will also delete all save data including settings, history, and bookmarks
- Return to the browser
- Go to
- You may want to bookmark this address to save time on typing in the future
- Ensure that the drop down box shows “Homebrew Launcher 1.4 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1)”, then press “Submit”
- This may take many tries
- In some situations, the “Homebrew Launcher 1.3 (5.3.2 - 5.4.0 - 5.5.0 - 5.5.1)” option may be more reliable for launching the Homebrew Launcher
- If it freezes, just force the console to power off by holding the power button, then try again
- Your console should load the Homebrew Launcher
If you would prefer to buy a cheap exploitable game to launch your Custom Firmware automatically at boot (or already own one of the DS virtual console games listed), continue to Haxchi.
If you would prefer to launch your Custom Firmware using the browser on every boot to save money, continue to Mocha CFW.