Haxchi is a custom firmware that patches signature checks, region checks, and runs other custom code in the background.
Haxchi is an exploit that allows us to launch CFW directly from the system menu without using the Homebrew Launcher.
If you need to purchase one of the exploitable games, run NNU-Patcher from the Homebrew Launcher then launch the eShop. Once it has been purchased, re-enter the Homebrew Launcher.
What you need
- A legitimate copy of one of the following DS virtual console games installed to your Wii U’s internal memory
- Do not install the DS virtual console game to a USB stick
- Currently, Brain Age is the cheapest of these titles on the eShop ($6.99 USD)
- If you’ve had Brain Age / Brain Training installed on your Wii U for a while, try deleting it and redownloading the game from the eShop. Older versions of the game will not work with Haxchi
- The game will not be playable after this process
- Your Haxchi DS virtual console game MUST be a LEGITIMATE copy!
|Compatible Haxchi Games|
|Animal Crossing: Wild World|
|Big Brain Training|
|DK: Jungle Climber|
|Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training|
|Kirby: Canvas Curse|
|Kirby: Mass Attack|
|Kirby: Squeak Squad / Kirby: Mouse Attack|
|Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The|
|Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, The|
|Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time|
|Mario Kart DS|
|New Super Mario Bros.|
|Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky|
|Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs|
|Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia|
|Super Mario 64 DS|
|Wario: Master of Disguise|
|Yoshi’s Island DS|
|Yoshi’s Touch & Go|
- Launch the Haxchi Installer
- Select the DS virtual console game you are installing Haxchi onto, then press (A) to select it
- Read the warning that appears, then press (A) to install
- Once this is complete, launch your Haxchi DS virtual console game (named “Haxchi”)
- The console will reboot into patched SysNAND
- This will allow unsigned titles (such as the homebrew channel and game backups) to be launched directly from the system menu
Currently, you must launch the DS virtual console game every time you reboot in order to enter patched SysNAND. The next page will install CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi) which will do this automatically.
- None -> Boots into patched SysNAND
- (A) -> Boots into the Homebrew Launcher
Continue to Coldboot Haxchi.